Thursday, March 01, 2012

DIY Disasters.

I used to be crafty.
Sometimes I think I still am.
But then I undertake a project, and what was a great idea in my head usually goes horribly wrong.
Thanks, Pinterest, for making me feel incompetent.  Everyone else makes it look so easy!
Here are a few of my recent *fails*.
 This lampshade is for Kendall's room.  Thankfully, I got it on clearance for only a few bucks since it might not stay in her room long.  I HATE it. 
 The ribbon I added is too wide and doesn't lay flush against the lampshade. 
 And the top......sigh.  Not sure what I was thinking there. 
 Can you guess the flavor of these cupcake gems?  LEMON.  Yep.  I decided to throw some extra berries in the mix, but did so too early instead of folding them in later....hence the gross brown color.  And if the left one looks a little lumpy, well, that's because I forgot to add WATER to the first batch.  How does that even happen!?!  (PS. they were actually pretty good.)
 I wanted to make some hangers for the kids' rooms, and found these wooden shapes at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $0.40 each.  It would have been great if the actual hangers FIT on the shapes.
I'm actually pretty happy with this one.  Just to show you I'm not a TOTAL crafting disaster zone, I picked up this navy lamp at Target.  I had some leftover felt stars from another project, so I lined the bottom of the shade with them and, voila!  The perfect addition to Carter's nursery.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Jamie, even the craftiest people end up with disappointing results. If they deny it, they're lying!! :) I think those cupcakes look yummy!!!!!