Sunday, March 18, 2012

Going Green

Starting traditions with our kids is something that has been on my mind lately.  If we want to say in the future, "We've been doing _____ since you were born!", it needs to start now!   So, I'm busy creating new traditions and making sure old traditions are kept up.  (Anyone else singing "Tradi-shuuuuuuns!  Traditions!.....Truh-di-shuns!" to yourself as you read this?   If you weren't, I bet you are now.  *wink*)

St. Patrick's Day was on Saturday and, though I am not Irish, it's still fun to use the occasion to play with green a little bit.  So, I prepared a "green dinner" for the family.  Green pesto, green grapes, green Sprite (okay, I was too lazy to create a green drink), and GREEN CAKE!  Pretty low key this year, but I plan on doing it up bigger in years to come...when kids can appreciate it (or, at least notice it).


Kendall added to the festive meal with some headgear :)

Kendall REALLY liked the "Deet Cack" (Green cake)
I think I'm pretty "lucky" to have such a wonderful family to spoil!

No comments: