Monday, March 05, 2012

You Had Me At "Grilled Cheese"

When Chris and I started dating, he told me many times that he was a good cook.
AWESOME!  I was thinking lots of gourmet goodness was in my future!
Reality:  "Cooking" means he is able to throw a couple things in the oven or whip up a grilled cheese sandwich.

I guess that's okay with me, since I LOOOOOVE grilled cheese.
However, in my world of grilled cheese, I like to shake things up a bit. 
You know, add a little of this, a little of that. 
Thanks to some recent inspiration, we've been trying out some new combos lately.  ALL delicious and highly recommended!
Caprese Grilled Cheese:  Mozzarella, Tomato, Balsamic/Basil Aioli
Rosemary Apple Butter Grilled Cheese with Brie

Pepperjack. Avocado. Bacon. Apple Slices. Sourdough.
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese
And from the GRILLED CHEESE ACADEMY, the ultimate in Grilled Cheese:
I present....the Lisa Marie
 8 Slices of bacon, brown sugar, maple syrup, peanut butter, bananas, hot fudge, and Wisconsin Butterkase Cheese.  Whhhaaaaat? 
 (Somebody make this and tell me how it is.  I'm completely scared of it.)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yum!! I love a good grilled cheese, too. Mark literally cannot boil water (trust me on that one), but I did recently teach him how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. At least I know if anything were to ever happen to me, he could make Catherine a sandwich every night ;)