Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keeping Busy

I spend a lot of time indoors these days.  The snow FINALLY arrived and temps took an abrupt dive, so the kids and I don't venture out much.  Therefore, all the projects that have been on the backburner since we moved in now appear on my to-do list.  And since I've been feeling exceptionally ambitious/crafty/energetic as of late, they're actually getting DONE!  Here's a couple fun ones that I crossed off today...
 We got our prints from Carter's newborn photo shoot!  I put them in their frames (spray painted from black to white by my wonderful mom) and hung them up in Carter's nursery.  Don't worry...I'll be sharing some of the newborn cuteness with you soon.

 AND, after enjoying all of our Christmas cards posted in our home this month, I transferred them all to a small binder.  I HATE throwing them away each year, and with many friends starting families and boasting small children, I thought it would be fun to watch them grow over the years.  Our Christmas card from this year went on top and...voila!  Christmas 2011 is in the books!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your Christmas card binder idea! Genius. I'll have to add that to my must-do projects. :) Oh, and also, that's one cute little boy.

Anonymous said...

Love your new blog picture; you all look great! Rosa

Anonymous said...

The Christmas card idea is genius! I put all mine in a ziplock bag and put them with our decorations so we can look at them next year...but next year they will go in an album!
I love the clean lines of the pictures as well!

Dreamer said...

Love, love, love the Christmas card binder idea! Why, oh why did I not think of that like 10 years ago?!?!

Marcia said...

I've always saved my Christmas cards over the years and really is fun to look back!

Brandy said...

Yep, gonna copy your Christmas card idea too ;D Your so creative! Love Carter's room too! Very cute!

Myrima Morris said...

Carter's nursery looks great! And it never occurred to me to put those Christmas cards in a binder. What a fantastic idea!