Thursday, January 12, 2012

From Near and Far...

I love Christmas cards.
I love hearing what other families have been up to during the year...
I love seeing their growing children...
I love knowing that they remembered us during the holiday season.
It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  :)

If you had looked at my Christmas card list ten years ago, almost all of my addresses would have read "Stockton, CA."  But as I grow older (yes, I am...and you are too...), friends and family have
diffused across the country and around the world.  Although it makes me sad that I can't visit them all at once anymore, I love knowing that we can go almost anywhere and still see a familiar face!

We've got Washington and Oregon covered, with friends and family in Bend, Paulina, Portland, Seattle, Redmond, Vancouver, Shoreline and Zillah;
Shoutout to the super-cool peeps in Henderson and Sparks, Nevada;
We hope to be closer to friends in Colorado someday- HELLO Windsor, Denver, Boulder, Highlands Ranch and Salida;
I've got faithful blog followers and friends in North and South Carolina;
Baltimore and New Orleans are home to dear church friends;
I'm glad to know new transplants to New York, New York, and Alpharetta, Georgia;
Howdy to friends in Austin, Texas and good ol' Franklin, Tennessee;
We love our Arizona family- hello Tucson!;
From Manhattan, Kansas to Pennsylvania, Lincoln, Nebraska to Locust Grove, Virginia- a sprinkling of friends all over the country;
Close to home here in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin;
And across the sea!  MAJOR shout-outs to friends in Malaysia and Thailand!  You know who you are...
Last but not least, our friends and family all across California- from Redding to Sacramento, Stockton to Turlock, Fresno to Los Angeles, Long Beach to San Diego, and all the crazies along the coast- Santa Cruz, I'm talking to you :)

For that reason, as weird as this may sound, I love updating our Christmas card list!
Though it's a tedious task, it's such a great reminder of how many people contribute, or have significantly contributed, to making our lives special, and we feel the love from all over the world at least once a year.

4 comments:

Laura Gipson said...

Hi Jamie!
You have family in Locust Grove, VA?!?! You know that's where WE live, right?? So sorry we haven't popped something in the mail to you yet. Thanks for your card. Carter is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!
Love, Laura
lauramgipson@gmail.com

Jamie Stavenger said...

I'm pretty sure I was referring to YOU in that reference, Laura! Don't you feel special now? ;) And HOW can I see pictures of your little kiddo? I'm sure he's getting to that SUPER cute age! Send me a link to his album if you get a chance! Happy New Year :)

Amelia said...

Happy to help you expand your list to reach Thailand! Maybe if I move to France you'll get to send one there too ;)

bobby said...

Keep Santa Cruz weird! :)
We're just trying to do our part.