Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Suck It Up and Git'er Done.


I've had- literally- years of tooth pain.
It's been concentrated on the upper right quadrant.
I'm pretty sure my So Cal dentist jacked it up more.
My dentist here has been fantastic.
He removed a wisdom tooth while I was pregnant.
That gave me some relief.
But to finish the job, it comes down to this...
ROOT CANAL.
Day after my birthday.
Hopefully my 33rd year will be tooth-pain free.
(Minus the first few days.)

I gather I'm not the first to have this procedure...suggestions for recovery?

6 comments:

Lori said...

Ive had 2.. they really aren't that big of a deal. I think tv etc, make it out to be THE worst thing.. they really arent.

I would take your Ipod or something like that to pop on so you dont have to hear anything ( I hate the sounds of drills)

Take an IBprofrin or something before and after for the first day.

And, I used that time to pray LOL :)

Good luck!

Kathy said...

Yes, not so bad. I say that because I've never had one, BUT did work a few years in a dental office and always heard that they are WAY less than all the pain leading up to it.

Donna said...

Let's hope this procedure gets to the root of the way-too-long problem! Dad had one last year, and he found to his surprise that most of the trauma was in his mind, not his mouth. Hopefully, yours will be easier than you expect, too!

Becky said...

Yuck! I think I'm going to have to have one of those this year too. :( Hopefully you will be pain-free when it is over!

Anonymous said...

They are totally not what they are made out to be. I found the hardest part to be just the sheer length of time your mouth is open for during the procedure. My TMJ doesnt really help in that department. Take your Ipod..... Good luck!

Mitzie Colon said...

I've also had root canal treatment last year and, yeah, it's bit sensitive. But it's normal for someone who undergoes such procedure. Just take some anti-pain medication and lessen the chewing on the treated part, and it will go back to normal in a day or two.