Monday, June 07, 2010

By The Numbers. Or...Not.

So, AOL featured an article on birthday numerology recently and, since my birthday is rapidly approaching, I thought I'd check it out for fun (I'm the person who always flips to the back of a magazine to read the horoscope just to prove how inaccurate it is. I know- lame.). And, once again, PROOF that numerology is a bunch of boo-hockey (catch that reference, anyone?). Here is the read for birthdays on the 8th:

You're an "ideas person" when it comes to dreaming up new ventures, and you back this with business and money savvy.

This is wrong, wrong, wrong in so many ways. First of all, I am not an "ideas" person. I hate ideas. Not the ideas themselves, but the brainstorming process. I distinctly remember literally throwing myself on the floor during one of our Crosswalk staff meetings after debating what food would be best to serve at an event. Just tell me what to get and I'll get it. I'm the do-er, not the planner. Secondly, when it comes to business and money, there are many adjectives I would choose before "savvy"! Thank God I married someone who enjoys the responsibility that finances involve- it was the greatest thorn in my side during my single years.

I would re-write the tag-line this way:

You are cool simply because you were born on the 8th. 8 is your favorite number, and for good reason. You always celebrate your birthday on the 8th and are quick to check the school calendar to see if this falls within the school year, during the summer, or on the last day of school (win!). You are a well-balanced person, enjoying birthday gifts almost exactly halfway till Christmas. Everybody loves you.


Birthday buddies Bobby, Becky and Heather...is this you?

4 comments:

bobby said...

Ha! Nice.
I'll take both descriptions. They both sound good to me.

I do tend to be an ideas person, and since my wife and I are one, her savvy money ways can be attributed to me too, right?

Happy early birthday "birthday buddy!"

Becky said...

You are hilarious! And I would have to agree. Totally wrong on all counts! Soooo not a planner - and there's a reason Justin handles the money matters in our house! I used to laugh at the teeny bopper magazine descriptions of Geminis. I remember one showed a picture of "Gemini fashion" and it showed a girl in a leopard print skirt because we were supposed to be wildly unpredictable and crazy party girls. Ha!

I do, however, wholeheartedly agree with your description. Except for the number thing - oddly enough my favorite number has always been 7.

Happiest of birthdays to you and the other June 8th babies!

Donna said...

I second the boo-hockey comment (is that the same as bull-puckey?) and the Thank God comment, too! :)

Amelia said...

lol I love the "Everybody loves you" end.

I never had to check my birthday, because it was always a holiday(the only reason I would ever check would be to know if I had a long weekend or not). But THIS year, my birthday is a Thursday, and because I'm not in the good ole US of A, for the first time in my life I have have to be at school/work on my birthday.

Lame.