Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quelf: Obey the Card.


While in California, I got together (sans baby) with some friends for a good-ol' night of game-playing fun. The objects of entertainment were the zany shenanigans prompted by the board game QUELF. I had heard about how much fun this game was, and my inaugural round did not disappoint. The creators of this game surely were on a drug-induced mind trip when putting together the random assortment of tasks and challenges found here. In a good way, though...kinda like a Saturday morning cartoon let loose in your living room.

If you are a social games kind of person (unlike my husband, the strategist, who refuses to play Apples to Apples), the hilarity that ensues from a night of Quelf antics will keep you laughing for days!

Amanda had 30 seconds to stuff as many items into her clothing as possible.

Daniel had to find a hat with a chin-strap and wear it the rest of the game.

My turn!

Amanda became a human pretzel, having all appendages attached to neighboring opponents.

Have you tried this party game? Any others you dare to recommend?

7 comments:

Stephen said...

well what did you have to do??????

Jamie Stavenger said...

I had to say "Waka waka waka" and slap my knee every time someone laughed. There were other things...that involved disco. That's all I'm gonna say.

Becky said...

That looks like the greatest game EVER! I'm going to have to look into this!

Becky said...

I love this game. We play it as a family around the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Post the video of your disco dance, chicken!

Amelia said...

This takes me back to Thanksgiving of....oh gosh...2004? Turners, Petersens, Browns, Wygants, and several others (and me, the tag-a-long who's family didn't go) all camping at Lake Hogan, and sitting under our white dining tents all crowded around a table playing Balderdash; the funniest word of the night(which Jen had to read) being "baggywrinkle." Ah...good times.

Karen Neal said...

Tell Chris that I despise Apples to Apples, but I love QUELF.