Thursday, June 03, 2010

Hey June.

Naaaaa na na, nanana naaaaa!
Can't seem to shake that song today. Could be worse, I suppose.

Ahhhh, I can't believe June has fallen upon us already! And there's so much in May that went unmentioned, like Kendall's dedication at Vineyard Church here in Duluth. It was a special day, as the entire Stavenger family was on hand to celebrate with us.



Oh! And I celebrated my first Mother's Day! It was a little busy since I was leading worship in the morning, and Chris was on-call for surgery, so we went out to dinner on Monday night instead (good choice, since Olive Garden was nearly empty!). I did sneak in a candle-lit bubble bath on Sunday (any type of bathing is a novelty these days!) and Chris and Kendall treated me well with sweet cards and gifts. Have I mentioned that I have the BEST family?!

Between Vegas, Memorial Day and Minneapolis, we certainly met our travel quota for May. On the agenda for June? A big 'ol California trip! We have a date with the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, as well as some Stockton time.

Kendall is growing and changing, now dabbling in solid foods and getting awfully close to rolling over. Her newly found voice is getting much exercise, and she recently decided that spitting is her favorite new pastime. As she gains more independence entertaining herself and napping, I'm giving our book club another shot this month. I've been reading "The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes" by Diane Chamberlain, and have been pleasantly surprised so far. I forgot how nice leisure reading can be!

2 comments:

Mark Sluder said...

Jamie,
I'm certainly jealous that you are getting to go to the U.S. Open. However, I was there a couple months ago and I went to the U.S. Open there in 2000 so I'm not insanely jealous. Go cheer on everybody's favorite golfing dad Philly Mick.

Mark Sluder

Jamie Stavenger said...

Wait, Mark...Tiger Woods isn't everybody's favorite golfing dad? Hmph. :)