Thursday, August 13, 2009

A-Shopping We Will Go.


I'm not exactly decking my halls with boughs of holly yet, but I am getting a jump-start on my Christmas shopping. Those of you with children are familiar with the substantial drop in energy that comes with the end of pregnancy, and if it's anything like trimester one for me, I'm screwed. Unless we get the thing up by Thanksgiving, Chris will likely be decorating the Christmas tree by himself, with his whale-of-a-wife barking orders at him from the couch. I can contribute to a stress-free holiday season by getting some things out of the way now. Online shopping is a godsend.

So I'm wondering, are you an online shopper? If so, what fun sites do you recommend?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm all for shopping before the holidays! The only problem I've had that swayed me a bit was a gift I bought in advance last year. My aunt and uncle wanted a portable DVD player. I saw a pretty good deal online, so I got it. Fast-forward to Christmas-- it didn't work. We couldn't return it because it was 60 days past the date of purchase. Bummer!

So now I'm trying to stick to buying the smaller things (toys for the kids, stocking stuffers) and save the bigger ticket items until closer to Christmas.

I love www.half.com www.overstock.com and of course amazon! They all have great deals, and really reasonable shipping!

Happy shopping!!

Emma said...

We do lots of shopping online - especially for birthdays and Christmas. Amazon.com has great deals. We also has an rss feed for slickdeals.net and sometimes we'll see something on there that we've been looking for. We already have some Christmas presents. But we sometimes brave the Black Friday crowds for great deals. We aren't usually looking for the big ticket items that people fight over anyway.