Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Getting Hot In Here!


Summer finally decided to arrive in Duluth! Today it hit the mid-eighties, far warmer than it's been all summer. Unfortunately, when this settles in to our non-air-conditioned house (wrap your brain around THAT one, Californians!), it's pretty miserable! I got out of the house today to run errands, but found it too warm to bake the cake I'd like to make, or assemble shelving for the baby's room (meh- I should leave that for the man of the house, anyway!). I finally chose some paint colors for the nursery, and will be undertaking that project soon (pictures to come!).

I must thank you for your encouragement and support over the last few days. Many of you are following Derek's updates on my mom's blog, DEEZCENTRAL, and the information is kept up-to-date. This week was a major setback, but we have much faith that God is working in Derek's body and through his skilled doctors. I have received e-mails, phone calls, and even hugs from nearby friends and family...all incredibly uplifting and a constant reminder of God's provision. My friends in Stockton have been CHAMPIONS, essentially becoming my hands and feet on the west coast, making food runs, delivering birthday wishes, and staying bedside at the hospital in my absence. There is no doubt Derek feels VERY loved!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Angels were all around us, sister-subs and all. Very grateful thanks to all for the uplifting support during our "down time."