Monday, August 10, 2009

Faith in the Storm.


Dear God,
You woke me up with your thunder.
It sounded as if the night sky split in two.
So loud, it shook me to the bone.
So loud, it startled even the native Minnesotans :)
My baby started kicking. Did it wake her, too?

And then I thought,
surely the God who controls the thunder,
the God who knows my child better than I do,
a God of infinite power and love
can touch my brother's body and heal him.

Lord, COME in your healing power.
Restore health to sick cells.
Show us again what your mighty hands can do!

6 comments:

The Bell Family said...

We've never met, but you are my husband Mike's cousin. I've been following your mom's blog about your brother and also your blog. Your prayer was beautiful and I just wanted to tell you that it touched me. We are praying for Derek and your unborn daughter.

Angie Bell

Stephanie Stull said...

Beautiful, Jamie. I'm praying for all of you and thinking of you.

Sarah said...

Jamie,

Your faith has always encouraged me! We're praying for you, and your entire family. Hang in there! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Jamie you are so beautifuol and your prayer is the same. God can surely think so also. Love you lots

Julie K. said...

Amen. You and D and baby Stav - the whole family - is in our prayers!

Angela said...

Praying for Derek and the rest of your family.