Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Reading






With lots of spare time on my hands, I've picked up a few books lately and have been making my way through them. Some are better than others, but all have captured my interest in different ways. My favorite time of day is hopping into bed early and reading for a while next to Chris (he has started reading the "Left Behind" books, a series I read through years ago and have been collecting dust on my shelf). I just finished up my last book, so I'm open to any suggestions you may have! (I'll spare you the reviews on these unless you're interested, though I will say that "Firefly Lane" was by far my favorite of the bunch.)

Your recommendations?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I just finished Same Kind of Different as me...it's an amazing book! I might have to check out Firefly Lane!

MLasch said...

I just finished The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas It was written in the 1940s. It's a fictional account of the soldier who won Jesus' robe after crucifying Him. Very powerful stuff.

JABBY said...

i absolutely loved A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author as the Kite Runner. such a well written book!
i also just finished Memory Keepers Daughter. good read kinda sad though.
happy reading!

Jamie Stavenger said...

ROSE...you just reminded me that I read Memory Keeper's Daughter also! Too many to keep track of...I liked it.

Amelia said...

Well I just surveyed MY current book collection, and unless you're really into tales of mental illnesses like I am, I don't have many good suggestions for ya. Though I will say First Person Plural: My Life as a Multiple by Cameron West was very interesting. Sad in a way, but Dr West's true life story of his discovering and dealing with Dissociative Identity Disorder. At least worth reading the back cover ;)

Julie K. said...

The Mom Walk is amazing. I love Sally Clarkson, have read all her books. This one is my favorite. Offers practical advice for being a "cool but Godly" mom.