Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It's A Small World After All.

In May (yes, May...that's how far behind I am), the whole Stavenger crew visited Orlando for a few days of fun in the sun at Disneyworld (thanks, Marcia and Jeff!). I was super stoked, having been to the "Land" more times than I can count, but never the "World"! The weather threw a major cramp in our style, as it POURED for the majority of our stay. There were moments of sunshine (and I was sure to utilize the camera during those breaks!) and, despite the weather, we had a great time being together as a family. Here are a few snapshots from our week!

Eric, Chris and Marcia at our beautiful Boardwalk resort.

The Magic Kingdom!

Our first day was beautiful...hot, but clear!

Hollywood Studios- I ate French Fries while the rest tested out the Tower of Terror a few times. Don't feel sad, though...I wouldn't have gone anyway :) Later in the week, we caught a fantastic showing of "Fantasmic".

Chris and I took a night off from Disney mayhem to see my good friend Kirk perform in Blue Man Group, located at Universal Studios. It was quite an entertaining show! As a bonus, we got to go backstage...and later he gave us a piece of artwork from the show.

At Animal Kingdom, Carrie, Eric and Chris try to outdo each other with creepy dinosaur smiles. Do we have a winner?

THIS was the story of my life. I spent a lot of time with Mallory and the stroller!

A highlight for me was Epcot's "World Showcase". I took some time perusing the different shops and "countries"- and Jeff and I had a nice lunch in Norway!

By the time we got to Epcot, rain ponchos were a staple part of our wardrobe!

Running from place to place to escape the rain was exhausting!

(By the way, I hope the title of this post gives you the gift of a lovely song in your head for the rest of the day!)

1 comment:

StavMom said...

It really was a wonderful family time --- so glad you are part of it! Love you!