Friday, July 03, 2009

The Holiday That Wasn't

What? You say it's a holiday?
I didn't notice.
Then again, every day feels like a holiday to me. I stay at home.
But Chris would typically have the weekend off.
Not this time...he's on-call through the holiday weekend.
That means we haven't been able to plan anything.
No BBQs. No fireworks. No trips to the lake.
Now, the latter blow was lessened by the fact that the lake cabin currently looks like this:


The annual Stavenger 4th of July extravaganza has been thwarted this year by construction...but next year promises to be amazing!
Anyway, tomorrow Chris will likely be working.
And I'll be at home, enjoying the freedom to sit around in my pajamas all day.
Or maybe I'll go see a movie...by myself. :)

5 comments:

the husband said...

Well, I hope you enjoy the freedom of sitting alone since I will be working once again. Go USA!

Angela said...

In a matter of months, you'll hardly ever be alone again. Savor it! Still, I know it's hard to spend an entire holiday weekend without him :(

StavMom said...

It won't be the same at the lake but Carrie and I still are headed that way ---- can't miss watching the annual boat parade! Happy 4th of July!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Good news...Chris was off all afternoon, which allowed us to see the downtown fireworks after all! It turned out to be a great evening!

Amelia said...

If it's any consolation(sp?), my 4th of july was moving my furniture into my apt, and then sitting at home with my poor dog who's scared of fireworks. So I think I heard some, but I didn't actually see any.