Monday, March 16, 2009

Tonsils the Size of Golf Balls.

And...just so you know I'm not kidding, I've included a picture. Sorry...it's disgusting, and highly unnecessary, but hey- I had to do it. As you can see, there is little to NO space between my tonsils, so all food must scrape by- and, as you can imagine, that's incredibly painful. My diet has been reduced to geriatric food. I DID make a trip to Starbucks today on my way back from the doc (if a Strep epidemic starts in Duluth, I'll take the blame)...I don't know if it's the fact that I haven't been to Starbucks in ages or the fact that there is an abundance of mucus swirling around in my head, but I stood at the pick-up counter in a semi-comatose state for about 5 minutes before realizing I hadn't ordered yet. I will tell you that Chai Tea Frappucino felt goooood on the throat.

Anti-biotics ordered, I'm ready to kill this thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh!!! That's all I can say! Even with those tonsils, you were a "trooper" this weekend. Get better soon!

Sarah said...

Get better!! I'm just glad I'm not the only person left with tonsils! I was starting to think I was the only one!

Anonymous said...

Jamie those ugly things looklike mine which came out when I was 26 years old. It was to the point I was always on antibiotics seemed like. Get better soon hon

Amelia said...

I had tonsils that big about 3 years ago!! And I took a picture of it too! haha yeah I couldn't swallow or anything, AND I had to play a concert. I had prednisone for the swelling, penicillin or amoxicillin for the infection, and something else that was strong for the pain. ugh it was a nightmare. Sad that you had to go through it, but nice to know someone knows what I went through. :D

Nick said...

dude i just had mine taken out today. same size doc compared mine to golf balls also it hurts like hell afterwards not being able to eat or even swallow for that matter