Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The State of Hockey.



I live in the self-proclaimed "State of Hockey". This has been more than obvious in recent days. My husband's family has been pumped to attend the annual MN Boys State Hockey Tournament, which took place this past weekend in St. Paul. It was my first time at a hockey tournament, and my 4th time at a hockey game- ever. Also, it was extra exciting that the alma-mater of the Stavenger clan had earned a spot in the tournament. Everyone came bearing their orange and black to cheer on the Moorhead Spuds. They survived the first game in the bracket, an upset against a favorite to win. Then they eeked out another win sending them to the final game! See our optimism above?

This is us after the game. A little disappointed, but proud of the team nevertheless. These are, sadly, my only three pictures from the weekend...most of it was spent "enjoying" my Holiday Inn accommodations, wrestling with a high fever. Consequently, I had to miss a whole night of games. Fortunately, I was able to drag my sorry butt out of bed for the championship game. Though I'm still learning the ins and outs of Hockey, I can appreciate the fandom- that's always a winning experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper to join the craziness of the Stavenger love of hockey! Love you!