Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Snow Should Melt by May.

Well, I'm comin' atcha live from Duluth, MN, where the Weather Channel sent it's personalities to cover the "big storm" yesterday. Much to their disappointment (and mine), the "storm" turned out to be nothing more than about 5 inches of pretty, powdery snow and a few gusts of wind. Though, it left it's dirty fingerprints in the form of FRIGID early morning temperatures (it barely eclipsed zero as I picked up my Caribou Coffee this morning).

I'm still trying to find a good balance of free time, work time, and homework time in my daily life. This week has been made MUCH easier for me, as I'm on "winter break" from classwork. I found myself thinking on my way home from work today, "so THIS is what life without homework feels like!" I had completely forgotten. I'm taking advantage of the down time and cold weather by fitting in some recreational reading. I got The Memory Keeper's Daughter as a Christmas present, and have been plowing through it- this author is a great storyteller!

There isn't much purpose to this post, other than to let you know I'm alive. And I hope you are, too. :)

No comments: