Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.


Our latest travel adventure brought us to Lawrence, Kansas, to fulfill a lifelong dream of Chris': to see a KU home basketball game. You should have seen his giddy little face on the nine-hour drive down, interrupted by an occasional "oh my gosh, we're going to a Kansas game!" It was special to be a part of this memory with him. I was sure to chronicle it well in pictures, so excuse the artsy-ness...I went a little crazy.


We arrived early enough to be the first people sitting in our section. The game was sold out, and COMPLETELY full by tip-off. Chris enjoyed the "alone time" to sit in awe and take it all in.


There were several bonus factors: First, I really, really like watching basketball. I like the fast pace and high scoring. And, I'll get quite animated if you give me a team to root for! (Just ask Chris). Second, the Jayhawks and U of Texas treated us to a GREAT game- a real nail-biter. That's the best kind. And, to boot, the Jayhawks WON, clenching their division title. Way to end the season!


We couldn't leave Kansas City without visiting cousin Chris- he was working that night, so we visited his restaurant and were sure to ask for Chris' section...we had excellent service. :)

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Drive 9 hours to watch a Basketball game?! You must be the best wife ever! :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

Haven't you heard? I AM! :)