Monday, December 17, 2007

Wicked Awesome.



Phil, Roxeanne, Stephen, Steph and I jumped at the chance to see the L.A. Musical performance of "Wicked" last night, and BOY was it worth it! I thought I was the only one in Southern California that hasn't seen this show, until Eric Lapointe informed me that title belonged to him.

Eric...Go see it!

I love live theater. Case in point, a rare occurance during last night's performance- the actress playing Elphaba (the Green Witch) broke character during a humorous dialogue and struggled to contain her giggles! Like a SNL sketch interrupted by laughter, the moment was a crowd-pleaser! The pipes on these people are RIDICULOUS. They are worth every penny they are paid to do this! And, thanks to Phil and Roxeanne, I get to enjoy their songs by way of the soundtrack! : )


If you haven't been to the theater lately (especially if you live in the Metropolis of Los Angeles...talent capitol of the world...) do yourself a favor and make a night of it. It'll give you that goosebumpy, happy feeling- and everyone needs that once in a while.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

FINALLY!!!!!! I have seen the show twice ( once in SF and once here) LOVE it. Did you have Eden Espinosa as your Elpheba?

Jamie Stavenger said...

Yes...and she sure DID blow my MIND.

Becky said...

I have yet to see Wicked. :( I missed it when it was in the city and have been kicking myself ever since! I really want to go see it on Broadway, but I think it will be back in SF before that day comes.

Anonymous said...

I am also on the list of those yet to see Wicked... but that is only a temporary title, as I bought tickets to go see it on January 22nd!