Monday, December 17, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

-2 degrees when I stepped off the plane in Duluth.
I survived my first Wind Chill advisory.
And it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be (gasp!).

I went back to Minnesota for a couple days last week, and caught my first taste of winter, Northland-style. Ahhhh, yeah. Some highlights from the weekend:
-Seeing what will be my new home come April 26th! Chris was excited to show me around his recently purchased home. And, yes, it has a heater.

-Enjoying a Campfire Mocha at Caribou Coffee. It may be my new Starbucks.

-Buying some new jackets (on sale!) for the January winter.
-Meeting up with some of Chris' colleagues for dinner and drinks.

-Successfully manuevering around the city in a car.
-Scoping out the home where I'll be staying for the next couple months...it's a sweet upgrade, complete with sauna. And this is what their street looks like...

-Being with Chris...with no attached itinerary for our time together.
-Not being blocked by anyone standing stationary on the MOVING WALKWAYS @ the airport....for once.

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Very nice! I do love the cold and snow, especially when it's surrounded by the other 3 seasons!

Lori and I will be able to experience a milder version of what you showed on your blog, when we head up to Coeur d'Alene, ID after Christmas for a week!

Becky said...

Look on the bright side - at least you look cute in beanies and wool jackets!