Monday, October 23, 2006

Diary of a Podcast Junkie

While listening to looping CD's and completing some mindless work, I realized that I could be listening to something of substance (not that worship music ISN'T refreshing). I've been craving something that engages the mind. SO, I became a podcaster. For those of you who are not familiar with a podcast, it's a vehicle to transmit audio messages to my itunes program...and it's free! Most of them are automatically sent to my itunes every sunday, which makes Monday a fun day to catch up! If you don't know what itunes is, I can't help you.

I was recommended several pastors who podcast regularly, and have been an avid listener (especially in these days when work is slower than normal). Thought I'd share some of my recent favorites with you!

THE VILLAGE CHURCH (Highland Village, TX);
www.thevillagechurch.net
Pastor- Matt Chandler
**They are in the midst of a series on the book of Ecclesiastes. Really interesting and entertaining messages! I particularly enjoyed "Communal Lessons" sermon. Another great thing about The Village Church is that they have a sermon database organized by topic. A great resource.

MARS HILL (Grandville, MI);
www.mhbcmmi.org
Pastor- Rob Bell
**Loving the series titled "Jesus Wants to Save Christians." Rob has incredible insight into Jewish/Hebrew history. Deep.

NORTH POINT COMMUNITY CHURCH (Alpharetta, GA);
www.northpoint.org/messages
Pastor- Andy Stanley
**These are on my list of "to-listen" podcasts. First up, Andy's series called "Twisted." Can't wait.

7:22 (Alpharetta, GA);
www.722.org
Speaker- Louie Giglio
**Louie is my all-time favorite. He has been a tremendous influence in my life. Although he is no longer consistently at 7:22, he did make an appearance this summer for a 3-week series called "Tattoo." I'm almost finished with this one. Check it out!

REVOLUTION CHURCH (Long Beach, CA);
www.revolution242.com
Pastor- David Trotter
**Can't forget my church home here in Southern Cali! I've missed quite a few Sundays due to my travel schedule, so podcasting has been pivotal in my catch-up! Our current series, "Bread, Juice, Water and Boxes" just concluded yesterday. These are also available in vodcast (video) format. Have fun!

FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH (Stockton, CA)
www.fbcstockton.org/messages.html
Pastors- Jim Dunn and Brad Stahl
**Both Main Service and Crosswalk are posted on the web. Crosswalk features the summer series about the life of David. Pastor Dunn's messages are always powerful and full of surprises....


AND......my new fun thing.....
I figured out how to listen via online streaming to KHOP 95.1 in the central valley where my good friend and DJ, Jack Paper, is now hosting the morning show entitled "The Morning Paper." It runs 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., so getting to work a little early has a great incentive, now! And, you guessed it....today's shout-out goes to JACK (or, JP #2 as he is affectionately known)- keep up the good work, brutha. You are a warrior! Spreadin' the love for you down in LA...

No comments: