Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tidbits

Well, I don't even know where to start...today's post will be a smattering of random thoughts. It's just one of those days.

First, congratulations to Bobby and Rachel Marchessault, who had their first child on Sunday. Welcome to the world, Caleb Genesis!

I had the most fantastic time in Oregon this weekend for the wedding of my old roomie, Juliann, and Thad Rask. I flew into Portland late on Thursday night, and my new friend, Ashley, put me up for the night at her new digs in downtown Portland. The skies withheld the rain long enough for me to get the heck out of there! Ashley and I then made the three/four hour drive to Bend, in central Oregon. It was a breathtaking trek through the Mt. Hood National Park, as the trees were preparing for autumn and showing off their colors, along with a snow-capped backdrop of Mt. Hood in sight. Wow. In addition, STARS were visible in the sky. I could see the swell of the milky way so clearly...something I appreciate about being away from the smog canopy.



I stayed with several friends at a Chalet just outside of Bend- right on the golf course. We enjoyed beautiful weather and a fascinating traditional Catholic mass at the ceremony. The tradition is admirable, but I'm very thankful I'm a protestant! Juliann had asked me to sing "Enough," by Chris Tomlin, for the communion portion of the ceremony. I'm not sure, but I have a hunch that this church doesn't hear a lot of Chris Tomlin.



On Sunday morning, Ryan, a mutual friend of Ashley and I, gave us the grand tour of Bend. I can see why it's bursting at the seams with new development and an increase in it's population. I have never considered myself an outdoorsman, but I could seriously get used to that place! It was a refreshing retreat away from the concrete jungle that is Los Angeles.

Tainting this beautiful weekend is the loss of my camera, which disappeared during the wedding reception at Eagle Crest. I'm still hoping that the next phone call I get will be the concierge, but my optimism is fading fast. Therefore, my apologies for the lack of pictures from this event! (sniff, sniff) Please pray that it is returned safely to me.

I've been a little overwhelmed with "fix-it" projects lately. I'm having perpetual toothaches that get worse at various times throughout the week, despite my recent trip to the dentist. Solution: I keep ibuprofin close at hand. My car has been crying for new brakes recently, so I had a friend check them out yesterday. Yep, I need new brakes. Solution: Call Charlie, who has a car maintanance service, "OilWorks Pro." MAJOR holla to Charlie, who will get my car fixed up next week. Sadly, that's not all...My keyboard, which I reported a while back had a broken "A" key, is gradually getting more sick. The infection has now spread to the B, B-flat, and A-flat keys. No sound at all. In fact, they don't even play! This is a dehibilitating illness for a musician like myself. Solution: I don't even know. Call a music repair shop, I guess?

This weekend is our Women's Retreat for Revolution Church. I'm very excited, despite the problems with my keyboard. Another weekend in the mountains just may change my mind about living in LA! Beware...

No comments: