Friday, September 15, 2006

Highs and Lows

Our opening routine at Life Group is the sharing of our "Highs" and "Lows"- noteworthy experiences from the previous week. This week I had to miss Life Group to do a presentation for work (LOW!!!) so I thought I'd use this medium to reflect on this past week...(The standard answer is one of each, but this is MY BLOG and I can do as many as I want!!)

HIGH- The 1096 worship recording on Sunday; and the culmination of a LOT of hard work in the rehearsal phase. Both services were quite energetic and that lent itself to a lot of fun on stage.



LOW- Realizing that we have a LOT of work left to do in the studio- perhaps more than we initially realized. Ughhhh- it's going to be a scheduling nightmare.

HIGH- My first year seminar went really well this week. I discussed the Liberal Studies program at length with them and...(get this!)...I was able to answer EVERY question they asked me. FINALLY, I feel like I KNOW something around here!

LOW- Our department receptionist resigned her position, so we are in the process of reconfiguring jobs for the interim. Unfortunately, that's going to mean a lot of time away from our desks for a while.

HIGH- I led worship for the first time on a Sunday at Revolution and, despite some shakiness in the comings-together of it all, it was a peaceful and exciting time of worship for me, and hopefully others! It was also a historic day in the life of our church, revealing the 10-year-plan for our congregation and setting lofty goals! Let's see some Holy Spirit ACTION!

LOW- Going to the dentist. Always a low, but this was a new kind of low. The kind in which the numbing agent causes your jaw muscle to spasm and lock. The kind in which the dentist literally has to PRY your mouth open to complete his work, and the kind that is STILL sore as you write a blog three days later. Loooooooow.

HIGH- I celebrated the birthdays of 2 friends this week; First, Nader's party at Lucille's (at which I sat next to a dead-ringer for Chris Tomlin!), and Sara's party in Hollywood. Sara's birthday was in conjunction with her husband, Drew Lawrence's, show (see pictures below). At both events, I was surrounded by friends that I've met since being in Southern California, and I felt extremely blessed.


LOW- not being at home for the last WEEK! I've neglected my unpacking (which, sadly, is not finished) and cleaning. I've lost sleep, but intend to clean and turn-in early tonight.

HIGH- YAY! A night at home!

No comments: