Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mickey's Marathon


Last weekend I had the pleasure of hosting Chris Alexander on his trek to So Cal for the Inaugural Disneyland 1/2 Marathon. Heidi and I hustled over to Disneyland eaaaarly in the morning to watch our friend cross the finish line, and got fantastic seats on the bleachers. A chip in Chris' shoe notified us periodically of his progress, so when it announced that he was crossing the finish line, we watched diligently in order to capture some photos. To our dismay, Chris called us and told us he finished a few minutes earlier. WHAT? How had we missed him!? Perhaps it was when Heidi and I were both distracted by a girl who collapsed at the finish line and had begun dry-heaving. DARN IT!

Chris and I had to trek to the Health and Fitness Expo @ Downtown Disney the day before the race, and afterwards had some time to gallavant about Downtown Disney. Chris was particularly captivated by the Lego store, which featured a life-sized Darth Vader made entirely of Lego blocks. We also enjoyed lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, where I had some fun with the frogs!

"Pardon me, but which one of these buttons calls your mother to come pick you up?"

(Yeah....I haven't seen the "after" picture yet...)

Chris had never seen the entrance to Disney California before...It's A for Alexander!

No comments: