Thursday, June 08, 2006

Happy Birthday, Barbara Bush Sr.!


....and of course, ME!

Recently, I discovered that other fabulous people share my birthday, including Bobby Marchessault and Becky Perry. Holla, my friends! Other fellow Gemini include Chris Alexander and Jenny Howell (both June 7) and Franse Mathews, Larry Nelson, and Ashley Wilson (all on June 9th). I'm so glad I get to share this season of celebration with you!

So what, you may ask, did I do to celebrate? Thanks to MANY of my friends from Revolution and a few golden friends, I was surrounded by love and laughter. Suzanne, Heidi, Silke, Christi, Jeff, Rachel, Matt, Charlie, Bridget, Steph, Stephen, Kaelin, Christina and Jessie all met me at Outback Steakhouse, where we enjoyed good food, odd tricks by Charlie, and a guest appearance by Captain Jack Sparrow himself! I can't imagine a better group of people with whom I could spend my last night as a 28-year old. Pictures...and there ARE pictures...are soon to come.

Today, the faculty and staff in the Education Department through a Birthday Barbeque in my honor. It was yummy! ALL the faculty and staff ceased working to join me on the patio for this party...I felt very special. I've also been receiving Myspace messages ALL day...it really is a phenomenon! My entire comments list now reflects birthday salutations. For those of you who have survived a "myspace birthday," you know what I am talking about!

Tonight...flying home to Stockton, where I will spend the rest of the weekend at weddings, bridal showers, graduation and birthday parties! Let the celebration commence!

Joy to you on this beautiful day!
Jamie

(Feeling like showing some birthday love? You know where to leave a comment!)

2 comments:

Will said...

Sorry I missed out! Happy Birthday!!! :)

OMG. I can't believe I missed Captain Jack Sparrow!

Anonymous said...

I went to Outback on my (ahem. . .our) birthday too! :)