Friday, April 28, 2006

Shrute Space

Today was a long day...a loooong drive home to Stockton. Surprisingly, I've been greeted with beautiful weather (that I'm told won't last long.) It was a relatively pleasant drive...I stopped for a Starbucks at the bottom of the grapevine and had the most WONDERFUL customer service. How encouraging...it DOES exist!

Today is also THURSDAY, which means THE OFFICE is on tonight! Woo hoo! I have been following along with the blog of one of the show's main characters, Dwight Shrute. I thought this one was particularly entertaining...so for your reading pleasure...

"Blogosphere" is another word that I just learned. It means "the
world of blogs and blog readership." Unquote.
Here are some of my other favorite words:
"Sniffles". That word sounds exactly like it means. Plus, I have them.
"Monkey". That’s a word that is funny pretty much anywhere and
anytime you use it. You can plug it in anywhere for hilarity. For
instance: "Hey Kevin, you accountant-monkey, why are you so gassy?"
"Ass" also works in the same way.
"Nebula". Not sure why, just like it.
"Corn". Because that’s what OUR people call it.
"Smith and Wesson". No need to explain the power behind those words.
"Mordor". It just sounds like an evil place, doesn’t it? I wouldn’t
want to go there unless I had to, in order to throw the ONE RING into
the volcano that’s there. Now, "Mines of Moria" doesn’t really work
that way. "Moria" sounds like a nice happy place filled with
shoppers. The Mines of Moria could be an outlet mall.
"Starbuck". No explanation necessary.
"Salesman of the Year". Those words send a tingle down my very long
spine.
Do you have any favorite words that I should add to my list?
That, as always, is all.
Dwight K. Schrute

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think, =)

Jonathan dalton..aka regis full of it...i really don't like that aka, how about aka mr.wonderful =)~

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»