Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh! The Things We Can Think!

Well, if you are all about efficiency and getting things done today, you should probably stop reading here...it's gonna digress real soon. I'm caught in the "in between hour"; right after you start to get drowsy, but before you lose consciousness for the evening. It's during this time that your brain goes WILD with thoughts. Like butterflies in an open field- impossible to harness, but lovely to sit back and enjoy. SO that's what I'm doing. I'm going to attempt to catch a few for you.
In random order (and I mean RANDOM order...)

1. I'm thinking about what an awesome experience I had at my first Life Group Bible Study through Revolution Church. I felt welcomed, excited, and quenched. Praise God.
2. I'm thinking about the scene in "The Office" where Michael and Dwight actually fight at Dwight's dojo.
3. I'm thinking about how the dinner I ate tonight really didn't fill me up.
4. I'm thinking about how severely I need to clean my room.
5. I'm thinking of the book Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. I read it a couple years ago, but it seems to be screaming to me from the bookshelf. Perhaps I'll read it again.
6. I'm thinking about the odd dreams I had last night: one with a girl who had only one earring, and the other with Silke repeatedly uttering the phrase "Intensity of object ramification." Come on, Silke. That doesn't even make sense. Look up the word "ramification."
7. I'm thinking about how hard it would be to switch to blogger.com, because this site makes me crazy sometimes.
8. I'm thinking about Cotton Neal, and thanking God for bringing her safely through her tumor removal today.
9. I'm thinking about my impending trip to Africa, and about the curriculum unit I'm putting together for the first graders there. I'm thinking of changing the unit from my original "Read Around the World" theme, to a theme about "Creepy Crawlers."
10. I'm thinking about my trip to San Diego this weekend, and trying to decide whether or not I want to spend the day at the zoo.
11. My toe is itching.
12. I'm thinking how I'm glad that Kellie Pickler was excused from American Idol tonight.
13. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
14. I'm thinking about the smell of my parent's backgammon game. The leather and the felt...I love that smell.
15. I'm thinking that I've wasted enough of your time. I promise I'll write when I'm more coherent next time. Until then, leave a little love for me by clicking below!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»