Friday, April 28, 2006

Easterrific!

Okay...Easter has got to be one of my favorite days of the year. Overwhelming joy. Celebration. Delight. Hallelujah.
This year was no exception. I celebrated the risen Lord at my home church in Stockton and....BOY, have they been working hard! What a production! We stepped off the church grounds for a day and made the basketball arena at University of the Pacific our "Sanctuary" for the morning. I'll tell you what- people that walk into that building are going to KNOW that we were there, because I think we left the walls dripping with praise. How proud I was of my church family, and to see all of our congregants together at once (all 2500+ of them) was a sight to behold. I wonder how Jesus feels when He hears the roar of His people singing all together...

Speaking of ROAR, my mom and I fit an extra Easter service into our schedule. We attended Calvary Temple in Modesto on Saturday night, where my good friends Toby and Kristen attend. WOW. We were quite entertained by the theme of the night, "The Last 24 of Christ," which was loosely based on the TV show "24." No Keifer Sutherland cameos, but the point was driven home- and not subtly. Christ's last 24 hours were hell on earth. Thank you, Jesus. You deserve this day, and all the rest....forever.


First Baptist Church takes over the AG Spanos Center at University of the Pacific.


My girls in the hizz-ouse- Carey and Becky in their Easter finery.


Wine Tasting in Lodi with Becky and Franse. Three WILD and CRAZY girls!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»