Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten Things I'll Miss About Duluth: #2 The Vineyard Church

Oh, man.  Who's got blog guilt?  This girl.  Not even the "end of the world" could get me off the hook for this top ten!  But, I'm glad to return with vigor, as number two holds a very special place in my heart!

Vineyard Church.  Prior to finding my place in this community, I felt like I was hanging out with all of Chris' friends.  Not that that's a bad thing, I just wanted to have some neutral friends that didn't necessarily have a history with either one of us.  I also desperately needed a place to worship JESUS with other believers!  It took six months of church "shopping" to find the right fit for us.  Amongst many churches that seemed to be dying (or dead!), this one had momentum, energy, and love for Jesus oozing out the walls.

During our time at Vineyard, we got to be a part of an exciting move to a brand new building, and have subsequently watched the church grow and grow.  I joined a worship team, and later began leading one of four teams.  I used my musical gifts to teach a course on Keyboards in Worship for the Vineyard Music Academy.  I was blessed by the Women's Ministry and it's programs.  I watched Kendall thrive in her very own Sunday School class!  I enjoyed my time in a local small group.  I learned how to worship Jesus more authentically.  And, I met some people who changed my life for the better.  That's what church is about, right?

Love God, Love People.  Period.  ; )


Thank you, Vineyard Church, for your ministry to me.  I am a better, closer follower of Jesus because of you.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I totally agree! Besides our first home as well, this is definitely what I'll miss the most about Duluth. It's going to be very, very hard to find a church to fill The Vineyard's shoes. Hope Fargo is treating you well!

Anonymous said...

This is a really sweet post Jamie. I'm so glad you found such a good church home and I'm going to pray for you for your next church. Hope your move is going well!! Laura Maddox