Thursday, May 05, 2011

Ten Things I'll Miss Most About Duluth: #5 Book Clubs

Not that there aren't book clubs in Fargo/Moorhead, but I really enjoyed the groups I joined in Duluth.  I really wasn't a recreational reader prior to moving to Duluth- juggling way too many activities in So Cal.  I picked up my first work of fiction in almost ten years shortly after moving here (having no job and entirely too much time on my hands) and regained a love for reading. 

I was invited to a Young Moms book club by a friend of mine and, though I was newly pregnant with Kendall and technically not a "young mom" yet, I enjoyed some girl time away from home.  Recently, some friends from church put together Sir Book-A-Lot, a "sophisticated" book club for beings of higher intelligence (pffft!).  I'm sad that I'm moving just as this group is taking off...great discussion, scintillating book picks, and amazing food. 

Happy reading to all my book club friends!

No comments: