Saturday, May 07, 2011

Ten Things I'll Miss Most About Duluth: #3 Mount Royal Fine Foods

I don't think I can adequately express just HOW much I disliked grocery shopping.  Then two things happened in my life to change that opinion:
1)  I had a baby, and grocery shopping became my only alone time.
2)  We moved a couple blocks away from the greatest grocery store ever.

Yes.  A grocery store graces my top 10, and it would probably appear on yours, too.  I became enchanted with their delicious deli items, beautifully organized produce section (yes, these are the little things that make me happy these days...) and friendly service.  But the thing that I love the MOST the Caribou Coffee cart that greets me with familiar baristas and enough caffeine to endure the task ahead.  Oh, and at Christmas time, I can always count on the sweet stylings of a stringed quartet or a group of Dickens-clad, muff-wearing carolers wandering the aisles.

I doubt grocery shopping will ever be the same.

1 comment:

Donna said...

YES! Not to mention their drive-up loading service- what a godsend in winter! And, by the way, I'm 2 for 2 on your Final 4 :)