Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Unexpected Conversations

Emily (left) and Chantal (right)
Our new kitchen flooring was (finally) installed today. 
Home Depot sent a burly-type contractor to do the work.
So with Kendall asleep, I turned on the end of "The Bachelor", which I had recorded from the night before.
And then I heard from the kitchen:

"Did you miss this episode last night?"

"Yeah- just catching up now."

 "It was a good one.  Surprising, but good."

"You watch The Bachelor?!"

"Yeah, my wife likes it, and I really like it now that I'm familiar with all the characters."

"Who are you pulling for?"

"I really thought Ashley and Brad had good chemistry, but it seemed like he was trying to make their communication haywire as an excuse to get rid of her.  I didn't see that coming at all.  I like Chantal, but my wife doesn't like her at all.  She seems kinda fake, I guess.  We both like Emily, but it seems like she never opens up to Brad like the other girls do, and she's got one helluva past- that's gotta scare him."
(I was cracking up on the inside at this entire conversation.  Clearly he is not ashamed at all of watching this show!)

So, now I have a kitchen floor and the latest dish on The Bachelor, compliments of the handyman.
Team Emily!

 

10 comments:

Donna said...

That's funny. Since I missed it, too, thanks for the scoop. Emily seems obvious, but I kind of think she could do better. Soulmates? Hmmm. I don't see it. But then, we only see what the producers want us to see. What a crazy show.

Alissa said...

Team Emily!! :)

Stephanie Stull said...

LOVE Emily! So Southern, so cute, so....perfect. Well, at least I think so. I'm sure she has flaws, but I haven't seen them lol. I secretly wish to be her best friend. :)

Amelia said...

I think they should bring Jake back for another season so we can all drool over him again.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Meh. Jake turned out to be a prick in his post-season interviews. I'm over him.

Unknown said...

I was again sucked into the nastiness that is this show! And I like Emily, but I think Chantal will be his choice. They just seem to "click" more. Hoping Emily will be the next Bachelorette!

Mandy said...

Lol, Roland Beulah, is me, Mandy Weaver. I keep using their account to post stuff without realizing it! They are my in-laws by the way. I know, funky names!

bobby said...

I admit it. Rachel has dragged me into that trashy show. I'm hooked. AND I've known who wins for most of the season, due to the spoilers online that my friend heard about from his wife. It's still fun to watch even when you know.

Deborah. said...

wow. I LOVE THIS. Send him to my house next and we can discuss all my theories too.

Amelia said...

Haha! I'd be a prick too if I picked the girl everybody hated and then she broke up with me, leaving me single AGAIN at 30-whatever. I still wouldn't mind seeing him run around shirtless ;)