Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Fruit and Meat...Together?

This is the question my husband asked when I told him what was on the menu for dinner.  This recipe featured one of my FAVORITE combinations....pork and apples.  It's not a crazy idea- they are paired together often, with the sweet apples complimenting the bitterness of the pork.  And it's certainly not the first time fruit and meat have been featured together (ahem, cranberries and turkey).  The best part of this recipe- 5 ingredients.  FIVE.  So easy, there's really no excuse not to try it.

Apple Pecan Pork Tenderloin Medallions
(serves 4)
     1 lb Pork Tenderloin
     2 Tbsp butter
     1 (16 oz) can sliced apples, drained
     1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
     1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Trim fat from Pork.  Cut into 1/2" slices.
Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat until it sizzles.
Reduce heat to medium.
Arrange pork slices in skillet.
Cook 2 minutes, turn slices.
Spoon apples over pork.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
Cover and cook 4-6 minutes more.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

This sounds delicious and super easy! I must try it. We always have apples with pork, they go great together.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Jenny- it's RIDICULOUSLY easy, and a good sized meal for the kiddos, too. It took about 15 minutes, start to finish, and everyone enjoyed it here!

Angela said...

Talk about a quick meal!! Looks great. Pork is my favorite meat :)

Deborah. said...

My favorite dish right now is apple braised chicken, where you cook chicken in chicken broth with apple slices for almost half an hour. So delicious, tender, and juicy.

Amelia said...

That sounds so effortless I think even I could manage it! Once I return and have a skillet, that is..