Tuesday, March 01, 2011

It's Cookie Time!

I know what you're thinking.
That's one bad-a$$ looking Brownie.
Maybe it was the feeling of authority that came with snapping on that orange criss-cross tie and pulling up those tasseled knee-highs.
Or maybe that glare is the aftermath of cookie season- a season which I dominated year after year.
100+
250+
300+
I racked up badges like crazy.
This achievement was earned by hauling that brownie beanie door-to-door, and flashing that adorable brownie smile.

As a teacher, I had ample opportunity to get my annual fix of Samoas and Tagalongs.  A box here, a box there.  But since I moved to Duluth, the Girl Scouts have been eluding me.  I heard that cookie season was upon us, but I didn't receive (nor did I expect, given the chilly winter weather) any knocks on my door.


I almost missed the opportunity altogether, until I saw that friend Kathy's daughter was getting ready to collect her cookie orders.  NO!  WAIT!  I need cookies!!! (I pictured myself carelessly sprinting toward her, waving my cash in the air and subsequently diving into a pile of cookie boxes.)

Kathy to the rescue- she's picking up a couple boxes for me.
Crisis averted.

Did you get your cookies this year? 
Thin Mints, anyone?  :)

9 comments:

Kathy said...

How cute are you?!? LOVE it!
(Picking up your cookies this afternoon - if you can't wait for the weekend, give me a jingle!)
=0)

Sara said...

I know how you feel. Getting GS cookies is a sign to me that winter is coming to an end! Eat & Enjoy!

Ann said...

MMM delicious! The Girl Scouts have been selling them (with no wait!) out of stores here the past few weeks. I finally got my fix this weekend and am having a hard time restricting my intake! I think I could live off of Samoas...

Donna said...

That face says, "Bring on the cookie challenge." You were one dedicated Brownie! I only hesitate to buy GS cookies because I know I can consume an entire box of thin mints in a sitting. Lead me not into temptation.

Jenny said...

Absolutely! I'm always good for at least two boxes of Samoas. Besides the fact that they are delicious, no one else in my family likes them, so win-win! Good thing Boy Scouts don't sell them, because I'd be consuming waaay too many by the time my boys were out!

Angela said...

Oh, yes. We bought 6 boxes! They are tucked away for future months that are less candy-laden. Between Valentine's Day and Easter, we are stocked!

Perhaps all of those cookie sales were the result of that "buy-a-box-of-cookies, lady, or-I'll-make-sure-you-regret-it" glare ;) Something tells me you turned on the charm quite well, though.

The year we moved here, a girl in our neighborhood came by selling cookies. We placed an order, and she never delivered them!! She's lucky I didn't remember what she looked like. I might have jumped her if we crossed paths later on ;)

Stephanie Stull said...

I love thin mints! Just like your mom, I, too, can eat them in one sitting. I didn't get a chance to order any cookies this year, but I'm not totally missing out. I picked up limited edition Girl Scout thin mint ice cream at the store :)

Karen Neal said...

Ok Girl Scout Cookie girl. I am always eluded by said Girl Scouts. I always happen upon the cookies every year. Not this year. Nope, it seems that working at a hospital brings numerous opportunities to order cookies in advance. I ordered plenty and maybe a little to hold me over for next year, just in case.

~ Mechanical Pencil Girl

@Sklake said...

Since you seem to be in the recipe following mood lately, what if I told you I have a killer recipe that very closely resembles both these favorites and is not all the difficult to make...only downfall-year round access!