Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

...and still no baby. But have some patience, ye of little patience. We have yet to reach our due date. It's after that passes that we can stomp and whine. Meanwhile, the Duluth Stavengers are ready for Christmas...and have been for a while. We caved this year and purchased an artificial tree, which turned out as beautiful as a real one (and as fragrant, thanks to Bath and Body Works Scentports).

Winter ambience.

Representing Biola here in the Northland!

The stockings were hung by the...television...with care. I know- hard to believe we don't have a fireplace here in Antarctica. But, in this digital age, I don't see why Santa couldn't somehow molecularly transport himself through our screen.

Yep...there's one for you.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, your tree looks fantastic! I'm not a fan of fake trees, but I'm noticing I resent all of the pine needles everywhere, so maybe next year we'll head in that direction!

I love your red plaid wrapping paper, too! We mostly buy gifts for the kids in our families, so we go the "festive childish paper" route! :-)

Jamie Stavenger said...

Thanks, Sarah. I find that my wrapping has different themes each year. Last year was much more whimsical. I like the sophistication of the plaid, though :)

Stephanie Stull said...

Beautiful tree, Jamie. I, too, went for the artificial tree this year after last year's mess. It is still just as nice, though. The presents are beautiful, as well, and ready to be opened! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful baby girl.

http://alberico.net said...

We bought a fake one last year and I have to say we love it, can leave it out longer/put it up earlier, it ALWAYS looks perfect and doesn't shed it's needles EVER, setup and decoration is VERY easy and storage is good. Adding a fresh wreath helps with the scent too.

Donna said...

How very beautiful! At first glance, I thought, you got stockings for US? Then remembered, YOU and CHRIS are MOM and DAD now!!! Give me a little more time to wrap my very proud and excited mind around that! :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

I know....Mom, that's what I think every time I look at them :)

Marie said...

Looks beautiful! Have a blessed Christmas.

Marie