Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Move Over, Boys.


How it happened, I don't know.
Chris' colleagues started a Fantasy Football league.
One of the docs couldn't make the "draft", so I drafted his team for him.
He neglected to ever sign in and play.
So...I inherited a team with a 0-3 losing streak.
I started reading up on players, watching games, consulting experts.
Now Stavgirl is in FIRST PLACE.
That's right...I've taken down every guy in our league on a 7-week win streak.
And I love it.
You'd better believe I'm utilizing the "smackboard" to rub it in.

This Sunday, Chris will fight for his pride as the Stavengers go head-to-head in battle. Frankly, he has more at stake as he'll have to answer to his friends at work should he lose...but I wouldn't mind having a little extra cash at the end of this thing. It'll be a nice income for a stay-at-home mommy :)

Am I the only female football fan out there?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I actually really like football, but Matt doesn't, so we don't really watch very often. Congrats on the FF picks!! :-)

Angela said...

AWESOME!!!!

Donna said...

Derek would be so proud that you're carrying on the "FFL tradition." Good job, big sister!

Jamie Stavenger said...

By the way, I won't mention who's in last place because my roommate would be very unhappy... ;)

http://alberico.net said...

I'm sorry, I must chime in, say it aloud: "FANTASTY FOOTBALL, FANTASY..."

what's next magic the gathering? ;)

bobby said...

I wanna know who's on your team.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Bobster...some of my best are Tom Brady, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson, and the Steelers defense. Sorry...no Chargers in play! :(

Julie K. said...

Way to go, Jamie! Kevin and I have hosted a league for 3 years now. It gives us something (besides the kids) to talk about. Last year I took 3rd place and won back my entry fee. This year I am in 5th place as of now, waiting for the chance to beat the boys in the playoffs. Keep up the good work!