Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Now, THAT would be a sacrifice.

SO, Ash Wednesday is approaching...February 8th is the beginning of Lent.
I usually choose something to give up until Easter.
In the past, I've thrown down chocolate.
Soda is a given.
Cheese was difficult.
Chocolate, cheese AND soda was terrible.
One year, I threw out using elevators (tough for a college student parking on the top floor of the parking structure, believe me.)

I'm starting to mull over this go-around, and THIS thought made me cringe...

Starbucks. The Bean. Caribou.

Do I dare?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

you can do it......the "detox" is a little rough.....but, if you like tea and can find a tea default you will be fine.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how that goes for you Miss Jamie! : ) I am at Starbucks every morning like clockwork. It's almost kind of scary. I barely got to the cash register this morning when the barista guy handed me my coffee. I hadn't even paid for it yet! That's when you know you're addicted. : )