Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Juno Report


My boxes here weren't even unpacked before Chris had visitors for the weekend...his sister, Carrie, and two of her girlfriends. They really wanted to go see the late showing of "Juno" that evening, which I've been wanting to see since it opened. Thank goodness these girls breezed through Duluth, because Chris opted out on this chick-flick (I didn't expect any different from someone who fancies The Military Channel and NHL on a regular basis). What he missed was a charmingly unique film with a previously untapped premise. I really enjoyed it, and find the movie's star completely deserved of the Golden Globe nod she received.

Anyone else wishing they had a hamburger phone?

5 comments:

isellseals said...

i loved this movie, too. i went straight home and ituned the soundtrack!

Revolution Church said...

I loved it too! I saw it last week!

http://alberico.net said...

It's a chick flick, really, I have wanted to see this movie for almost a month now... man maybe i'll have to pass...

Just kidding. I like Michael Cera, he's a funny dude.

http://alberico.net said...

Thundercats are go!

It was a cute movie... I really only had a problem believing a 16 year old could be that witty, but I did enjoy the dialogue... oh and Michael Cera was underused!

Tanya... you liked this soundtrack? I don't remember hearing any Techno... in fact I believe there were at least two Belle and Sebastian tracks... maybe we have more in common (musically) then I thought?

Eric said...

Not surprisingly...I loved it (as I do with most chick flicks). I agree with Angelo that I have never met a 16 year old with that much wit but great movie nonetheless.