Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It May (cough....cough....)


...be time to invest in one of these. It's getting awfully smokey in these parts! At first, it was kinda cool, walking around feeling like "it's campfire night at Summer Camp". You know the smell. Now, schools are on perpetual rainy-day indoor schedules. I couldn't eat lunch outside today because the smoke irritates my eyes. I've heard more coughing in the last few days than I have in a long time. And there is an eerie brownness in the sky that is worse than the normal L.A. haze. Last night, as I was walking to my apartment, the air smelled exactly like a Best Western hotel room...or an equally mid-range hotel that smells of smoke and cleaning products. This morning there was a layer of ash on my newly cleaned car. However, I'm thankful for my ash-covered car. It's better than having a car turned to ash. I have some friends and family in the areas affected by these fires...please keep residents and evacuees of these parts in your prayers, and especially all the fire personnel on the front lines.

And if you don't live in Southern California, enjoy your TV programming uninterrupted by 24-hour-a-day coverage of the fires and your blue skies....

No comments: