Wednesday, October 03, 2007

BLT and BFL


A couple random thoughts to throw your way today (as if you needed any more thoughts cluttering your head...)
First, I ordered a sandwich for lunch today (a BLT with Avocado, to be exact) and the server/food service attendant/whatever-you're-supposed-to-call-them asked me if I wanted Lettuce and Tomato on my sandwich. I thought to myself, "that's a funny question, since the lettuce and tomato compose two-thirds of the BLT and are, therefore, the essence of the sandwich.") I didn't even have time to answer before the guy working next to her said, "It's a BLT. Duh." She seemed really surprised by this, and defended her original question. "Maybe not everyone wants lettuce and tomato." It is my personal opinion that if it's in the title, then you can assume that I want it- unless I state otherwise. For example, "I want an order of Spaghetti and meatballs...with no meatballs."

I would, incidentally, never say that. Meatballs are awesome.

So as I was enjoying my BLT WITH lettuce and tomato, I found this little ditty on the comp. Ben Folds is kinda quirky, but this song just makes me happy. If you love a good, 'ol fashioned hootenanny, take a listen. And have a great Wednesday.




Add to My Profile | More Videos

4 comments:

Phil said...

Army is a fantastic song. Ben Folds rocks!

Will said...

I love Ben Folds Five! You're right. This song makes me happy. Love the audience participation.

pah-pah-pah, pah pah pah-pah....

Becky said...

I personally enjoy BLTs without the "T," but I always find ordering one this way very contradictory. I heart Ben Folds too!

sarahsmile said...

Jamie. I read your blog right before I went to lunch. I was like "mmmm BLT sounds awesome!". I was going to The Creamery with Matt's parents. So I order and Frieda orders the same. Our waitress totally asked us if we wanted the L and T. I chuckled "yeah, thanks". So I told Frieda the whole story later and we just laughed. People people.

:-)