Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hot Fun in the Summertime


On Saturday, I experienced the wonder that is the Temecula Balloon and Wine Festival, where the fabulous Carrie Turner Band was turning up the music on the Wine Stage. Mark, Valerie and I evaded admission fees with our "VIP parking pass" (oops) and threw a blanket down just in time to see Carrie's full hour set. Some observations from the experience:
1. There is no shade in Temecula.
2. Drunk people REALLY enjoy Hootie and the Blowfish. DO NOT turn off Hootie on the loudspeakers in the middle of a song. You will have a riot on your hands.
3. Always have a hand sanitizer on hand after visiting a petting zoo.
4. Survivor is STILL rockin' "Eye of the Tiger"...and people love it.
5. The best part of outdoor festivals are the giant polish dogs. Gotta appreciate.

Here's a little clip of "It Should Have Been Lovely." You can tell Chen has a relationship with his guitar in this one.



James, Sarah and I in the pre-show excitement.



Hangin around backstage.

Brian, Blake, Chen, Sarah, Me, Carrie, Drew, James

This is pretty much how I function in petting zoos. Not a friend of the sloth. I can guarantee you I'm thinking about washing my hands at this moment.

We headed over to the mainstage to catch Survivor's mega-hit, Eye of the Tiger. As soon as that lead guitar riff starts, the crowds go wild!

1 comment:

Phil said...

When you've got a moment, IM me... We'll have to compare our calendars for a day trip. ;)