Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Visit With The Mouse


At 1:00 a.m. on Sunday night, I put the finishing touches on my research paper and was FREED mentally to enjoy a day at Disneyland with Christa, Mikey, and the COTW. These kids are incredible, and it was a blessing to be able to join them for their first experience at the happiest place on earth. Christa does a fantastic job organizing and keeping all the details together, which made the day really enjoyable. Not normally a "ride" person, I think I rode more rides this day than my last 5 trips to Disney combined. Sarah, my little appendage for the day, was a sensitive one...so it was fun being her therapy before and after each ride. :) She challenged ME to be more courageous, too! Our first ride of the day was Soaring Over California. I asked Sarah what her favorite part of the ride was...she said, "the heaven part." Gotta love that. And hearing kids like Solomon say "I'll remember this day forever" made it SOOO worthwhile. It was actually very convicting, knowing how much I take for granted every day. Here is some photo documentation from the FABULOUS world of Disney!

Heidi, Me, Jeannie and Nicole...some of the MANY chaperones!

The WHOLE gang in the Hollywood backlot.
The boys enjoyed their visit with Hercules...

While girls relished their time with the princesses...

We had a special performance for the princesses and they joined in the dancing!

Here's my little Sarah flaunting her "1st Timer" pin!

Jeannie and Solomon were fast buddies for the day.

Holding Sarah's hand on one of her FAVORITE rides of the day...Peter Pan.

There are all kinds of goodies at Disneyland!

...And then there was Mickey.

The kids performed a couple numbers for the Mouse...and Mickey put down some MOVES himself! (The audio seems to be a little off...sorry!)


Oh yeeeah....even the LADIES love Mickey!

We finished off the day with a 3-D movie. WHAT A TEAM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so great that you volunteer your time like that. What a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure the children absolutey loved Disneyland. Congratulations on finishing your paper :)