Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Life is Tough

Happy Valentine's Day, all! (and that's all I have to say on that subject!)

I've been such a slacker on the ol' blog lately, but with good reason! I started my MA coursework on Saturday and participated on the worship team for all three Sunday services. This week, I'll be LEADING all three, as most of our lead team is out of town. A group from our church is now in India, serving and ministering in Calcutta. Meanwhile, I'm housesitting (and fish-sitting) for one of the couples on the trip. This is VERY exciting, because they have a BEAUTIFUL condo in downtown Long Beach. I wake up to an ocean view. This morning I took a couple pictures at sunrise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting A view from the Living Room.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My new commute to work : ) It's like driving the Long Beach Grand Prix!

Not a whole lot of other news to report. (WHOA! I had to momentarily cease writing because one of my students just brought me a rose and a balloon....how SWEET!) Soon, it will be full speed ahead as I "formally" become Worship Leader for Revolution Bellflower. Stay tuned for updates.

And a major shout out to BOBBY, who hooked me UP with some great music last week. Thanks dude. It will be used.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Jamie! Will you be my Valentine? ;)

Kevin said...

Sigh, i used to make that commute every day to compton. Certainly don't miss driving on the 710 though.

And i do miss my highrise. Waking up to the ocean, and seeing the mountains. Very nice to a boy who just moved from the flat lands of Indianer.

Becky said...

I walked right by those condos during my 2-day (almost 40mile) trek through Long Beach last fall. It will always hold a very dear place in my heart. :) Lucky you!

photoqueen said...

Hi new "BFF" I am now blogging since I ready the india blog daily...it wont last past this week, but for now it's fun.
We got to get together!
Beth