Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dreams Really Don't Come True.



Go ahead. Watch about 15 seconds of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary "Dreams Really Do Come True" Fireworks Spectacular. Then realize that this was ALL we saw of the show before it was abruptly cancelled in the middle of the program. WHAT HAPPENED? Did Tinkerbell fall to her death? (By the way, that moving dot on the video is Tinkerbell herself) Does Mickey have it out for me? This is the SECOND time I've been to Disneyland for the SOLE PURPOSE of seeing the fireworks show. And this is now the SECOND time I've left disappointed. However, it was a fantastic day on all other counts. I got to see my buddy Matt in costume and entertaining crowds at Aladdin's Oasis, and hanging out with Steph, Kaelyn and Angelina was the best. I'll get over the fireworks mishap soon...but you can bet I'll be making another trip to the Magic Kingdom!





This was Kaelyn's first trip to Disneyland (at 2 years old). Officially, her first ride was Pirates of the Carribean, followed by "It's a Small World" and Astro Blasters. It's no surprise that she LOVED the rides! While mommy and Angelina rode Space Mountain, I took Kaelyn for a drive (correction....she took ME for a drive) at Autopia. As you can see, she was thrilled with her driving skills, and clenched her souveneir Driver's License the rest of the night.


Oh.....and here is a pic from Astro Blasters. Check out the intensity in my eyes, and note the score : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

15 seconds is a little bit of an exaggeration, but I'll cut you some slack since you have never seen the whole thing.