Wednesday, August 16, 2006

CrossWalk, August 13th


Just a couple pictures from Sunday morning's excursions. I attended the "Big Church" at 9:30, and thoroughly enjoyed Pastor Dunn's message on "living with bad choices." I love being introduced to scripture passages (in this case, the deception of Joshua in Joshua 9 & 10) that I'm reletively unfamiliar with. The morning continued with great worship and Word at CrossWalk, where their series is focusing on "Getting in the Game," learning how to serve. Ironically, Revolution is going through a similar topic on our weekly "Equipping Nights" called "Get in Shape"- learning about how we can contribute to the body of Christ and beyond by using our Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality and Experiences. We took a Spiritual Gifts inventory last week, and my results were no surprise to me; Creative Communication (arts), Pastor/Shepherd (concern for the lost/broken), Encouragement (exhortation) and Leadership (go figure, huh?). After church on Sunday, we enjoyed lunch at "Bob's At the Marina," right on the Delta. Great burgers: the quintessential stop for anyone who may find themselves in Stockton.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

You weren't there back in January Early February, But Revolution did a "Get in the Game" Series right before they transfered to the highschool. So Crosswalk is a tad bit behind on the times.

Anonymous said...

Please remove this picture of me. I can't even look at it.

Anonymous said...

Please remove this picture of me. I can't even look at it.

Anonymous said...

wait, I'm not anonymous.