Sunday, July 15, 2012

Baking Up Memories

Hi!  My name is Kendall!  I'd like to teach you how to make one of my favorite treats, o-tay?  
Here we go!
First you get the table nice and messy!  It's o-tay, though.  We are getting the pie crust ready to roll!

After you put some white sprinkles on the dough, you roll it out!  Like THIS!  Seeeee!???
  It's FUN!!

After we cut out rectangles, Mommy helps me drop a teaspoon of purple (blackberry) jelly on them.  Eww, sticky!

Then we take a fork and make the edges pretty.  Like THIS!!  Seeeee!??

They are starting to look very yummy!  Time to go in the oven!  It's HOT!

Almost time for SPRINKLES!!!!  We have to wait 'til they cool off, first.  Aww, man!

Paint, paint, paint!  A little powdered sugar and milk makes nummy frosting!
Don't forget to sneak a taste of the frosting.  Mmmmm!

SPRINKLE TIME!  Fast, fast, before the frosting dries!
And there you have it...my favorite POP TARTS!
That's what's for breakfast!  Ta da!

 Thanks for the idea, DIY Edible crafts


4 comments:

Amelia said...

Awwwwwwww super cute. :) Looks like she did an awesome job with that fork, too; I'm impressed!

Kathy said...

Adorable!!

@Sklake said...

o-tay kindell, Hannah says thank you because she loves to bake too and we are going to try making your faves tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kendall, you are a better cook than me. Of course, you have two master chefs giving you lessons there. Very colorful, very uniform, and I'm sure very tasty. A+
Valerie