Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pass the Water, Please.


My wine post has turned into water.  Jesus works reverse miracles on my blog :)

Speaking of Jesus, the season of Lent is upon us!  Happy Fat Tuesday, fatties.  Though I'm not Roman-Catholic, I enjoy observing Lent- not necessarily as a time to "give something up," but as a time to refine my personal disciplines.  This year I'm undertaking one aspect of my health that has ALWAYS been a challenge for me.  Drinking water.

That's right.  Starting tomorrow, my daily goal is to drink a MINIMUM of 6 glasses of water.  I know the recommended number is 8, but considering water in food products, I figure 6 is decent.  And going from 1 to 6 is enough of a challenge for now considering I don't like water.  But I've added some fruit to a couple pitchers full and am optimistic that will make it enjoyable enough.  AND I'm gonna give myself stickers, too.  (Hey- if it works for 2nd graders, maybe it will work for me.)   I'm hoping that this 40 days will help me develop a lifestyle change that I can continue at the end of it all.  Maybe, just maybe, it will prevent any more of those ridiculous kidney stones.

As we crawl closer to the Resurrection celebration, I am excited to allow God to refresh me both physically AND spiritually.  The Bible declares that HE is the LIVING WATER- and, boy, do I need it every day!  

“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”John 7:37-38

No comments: