Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Daughter Gave Me A Hickey Today.


I was on the phone. She went to town on my arm.
The red spot is further proof that I have a teething baby.
This little drooly monster will chew on ANYTHING that is in reach.
So, this mommy has been keeping all kinds of teething toys cold and at hand.

You may have heard of Sophie the Giraffe.
She is the shi-shiest of shi-shi teething toys.
And, on a recent visit to a new boutique in town, she was prominently featured.
The sales lady encouraged me to take the giraffe out and test it.
So, in an "all the cool kids are doing it" moment, I held it up for Kendall to examine.
Examine it she did...scrutinized it...then burst into tears.
Apparently she's not a fan of French giraffes.
She did, however, enjoy Sophie's "sister" dolls- Chan Pie Gnon- French mushrooms. Go figure.

They have been described as "candy for teething babies".
It has super soft rubber, a fun squeaker, and is easy to grip. Yep, "Gnon" came home with us, and has been enjoying it's slobbery head massage ever since.

1 comment:

Roxeanne said...

We struck out with most teething toys. G hated cold things, so all the refrigerated/frozen things were met with tears. However, Gavin LOVED Sophie. So much that I bought a back-up. Then one day rubber giraffes were SO OVER. But for those 8 months or so Sophie was with us night and day.