Sunday, July 11, 2010

Is There a CPS for CPKs?

Kendall received a Cabbage Patch doll for Christmas.
Yesterday we opened it up for her.
Cabbage Patch dolls have that wonderful smell that reminds me of childhood. I begged and begged for my Cabbage Patch Doll as a little girl- back when they were hot ticket items like Beanie Babies or Justin Bieber concert tickets. There was little I wouldn't have done to get my hands on one of those autographed butts. Am I bitter that Kendall got her first doll at two days old? Maybe a little ;)
Anyway, "Angeline Mara" is now Kendall's "adopted child" (never mind that she has more hair than Kendall).
Here is the "Oath of Adoption":
I promise to love my Cabbage Patch Kid with all of my heart. I promise to be a good and kind parent. I will always remember how special my Cabbage Patch is to me."

I have a feeling that the baby chair is edging out the baby for Kendall's affection.
Be afraid, Angeline Mara. Be very afraid.




(P.S. Chris didn't "get" the title, thinking I was using his initials, CPS. I told him most grown-ups know what CPS is. Prove me right, people.)

6 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Child Protective Services? Also I had a few CPK dolls and loved them.

Kathy said...

Chicago Public Schools?

Ted said...

I knew what you meant of course, but David's employer is also CPS, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Good job, Angelo. :) And what is it with BOYS and dolls? Chris had one, too!

Donna said...

Of course boys have dolls. How else can they practice being good daddies? Chris's practice obviously paid off now that he has a real doll! :)

Amelia said...

haha oh good. I was hoping my dad commented on this. I'm pretty sure he would disown me if I didn't know what CPS was.